Music is a universal language. Drumming is a language that every student can speak. It is one way for students of diverse backgrounds to make music together. Drumming brings communities together and enhances lives.
Bucket drumming is an effective tool to help students communicate with each other, foster respect and encourages listening.
Bucket drumming classes are offered for students ages 5-12 (Kindergarten through 6th grade) at the following locations:
- Warner Elementary School (Spring Arbor)
- Bean Elementary School (Spring Arbor)
- First Presbyterian Church (Downtown Jackson)
No experience or supplies are necessary.
During class time, we focus on collaborative drumming to popular tunes. A variety of games and activities is planned for each class session. The games and activities revolve around rhythm and teamwork.
Class size is limited. A minimum number of students is required to hold class.
Missed classes (by students) are not made up.
First Presbyterian Church Location
- Begins Tuesday, Sept. 12
- 4:15 p.m.-5:15 p.m.
- $50 per month (regardless of whether there are 4 classes or 5 classes)
- Students may enroll or withdraw at the beginning of each new month.
Fall (2017) semester: (Dates and Times to be announced in early August 2017)
- 6 Weeks Sessions for Warner Elementary and Bean Elementary
- Warner Elementary (September 18-October 23) @ 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Bean Elementary (October 30-Dec. 4) @ 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- $45 per 6 week session.
Please fill out interest form.
“It is fun and there are a lot of games that help you learn musical timing. You will know your notes by the end of a class!” Lydia…(student)
“I love the drumming–you get to be noisy, and some games include running down the halls.” Rosie..(student)
“I like to dance while I’m drumming and we pick really cook music like “Can’t Stop the Feeling” form the Trolls movie.” Henry (age 5–student)